STUDY OF INITIAL DILUTION OF THE OUTFALL FOR THE CAMPO DALIAS, ALMERIA, SPAIN. DESALINATION PLANT
- Start Date / End Date: 2014
- Place: Almeria, Spain
- Scope: Report
Given the uncertainty as to the behaviour of the diffuser designed in the preliminary project and environmental impact assessment phase, INCREA was asked for a complete study of initial dilution (using the CORJET model) for two purposes:
• To calculate the initial dilution in the different phases of operation of the desalination plant
• To calculate the number of outlets that must be open during each operation phase to ensure the proper initial dilution.
The characteristics of the brine outfall are:
• A diffuser section 200 m long with 20 outlets, separated 10 m apart with a dumping angle of 45º and a face diameter of 198 mm.
• Dumping depth 21.2 m
• Variable flow rate based on the number of lines
• Salinity: 73 psu