VARIABLE ALTERNATIVE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT FOR THE NEW WESTERN BREAKWATER (1ST PHASE). PORT OF ALMERIA
Marine works: Breakwater
- Start Date / End Date: 2013
- Place: ALMERIA, SPAIN
- Scope: Tender Project
The project consisted of adapting the Tender Project to the builder’s resources. The main modifications were:
• A modification of the caisson cells to use circular cell caissons. The recalculation of the reinforcement considering the construction phase, towing and service phase.
• A study on the towing of the caissons from Cartagena where they would be manufactured for depth availability reasons.
• The recalculation of the superstructure, redesigning the pre-slabs over the anti-reflective windows.
• Redesigning the anti-reflective windows, maintaining the Project reflection coefficient.