TENDER PROJECT FOR DESALINATION PLANT UNDERWATER PIPELINES IN THE ATACAMA REGION (CHILE)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017
- Place: Atacama (Chile)
- Scope: Tender project
The scope of the marine work is limited to the outfall and intake pipes, including the design for the diffuser and the intake structure.
In addition, an initial dilution study is done using the brIHne program as well as a recirculation study using the MOHID program.
Most of the route is executed using the jacked tunnel technique.
Maximum project flow rates:
• Intake flow rate: 10,613 m3/h / 2.94 m3/s
• Outfall flow rate: 6,887 m3/h / 1.91 m3/s
Characteristics of the pipes:
• Total length of the intake (jacked): 322 m
• Length of the outfall (jacked): 266 m
• Length of the diffuser section in HDPE: 22 m
• Diameter of the reinforced concrete intake and outfall pipes: 1,600/1,940 mm.