SEAWATER INTAKE, PUMPING STATION AND DISCHARGE WATER SYSTEM AL TAWEELAH, ABU DHABI (UAE)
- Start Date / End Date: 2018
- Place: Al Taweelah, Abu Dhabi (UAE)
- Scope: Tender project
The purpose of this project is to define and justify the seawater intake system, brine outfall system and pump house for Taweelah desalination plant.
The characteristics of the project are as follows:
• The maximum design flow rate for the pump house is 27,0 m3/h (23,334,784 m3/d)
• The maximum outfall flow is 16.51 m3/s (425,566 m3/d)
• 3 pipelines with an external diameter of DN 2,000 mm have been defined for outfall system.
• The water intake proposed is comprised of a canal protected by two breakwaters in parallel, constructed with rubble mound structures, armoured with quarry rock (764 m length).
• The overall pump house configuration is done based on maintenance, functional space requirement and to meet the better hydraulic performance requirement.