PUNTA YEGUAS OUTFALL, MONTEVIDEO (URUGUAY)
- Start Date / End Date: 2014/2015
- Place: Montevideo (Uruguay)
- Scope: Construction Project
The purpose of this project is to define and justify the land and aquatic section of the sewage outfall.
The characteristics of the pipe:
• Material: Land section: GRP and aquatic section: PEHD.
• Definition of pipes: Land section Øi=1,700 mm and Aquatic section Øe=1,600 mm
• Length: 331 m land section and 2,107 m in the aquatic section
• Maximum flow rate: 5.35 m3/s (expected for the year 2050)
A detailed study of the following aspects was conducted:
• The definition and monitoring of the geotechnical campaign.
• A geotechnical report
• The construction method
• Typical sections. The calculation of the trench slopes
• A settlement study
• A flange design