PROTECTION OF THE MARINE PLATFORM AT THE KOUDIET COMBINED CYCLE POWER STATION (ALGERIA)
- Start Date / End Date: 2008/2011
- Place: KOUDIET, (ARGELIA)
- Scope: Construction Project writing and technical consulting
The Construction Project for the Koudiet combined cycle power station seawater intake pipelines included the design of the Koudiet marine platform protection.
The studies completed covered:
- A calculation of the protective rock: A calculation using the Hudson and Van der Meer formula.
- A calculation of the anti-erosion rock at the foot of the breakwater
- The platform crest elevation
- The adaptation of the sections available to the existing material.
- An overflow study.
- The definition of the provisional breakwater to install the land pipelines.
- A rock sampling procedure after the execution of the breakwater
- The calculation of the platform guard wall against overflow
- The design of the road over the breakwater
The stability, overflow and erosion calculations and designs were verified by means of small-scale tests and by means of a numerical modelling of the dynamic wave filtration through the breakwater. All of this was done with technical advice from INCREA