MATHEMATICAL MODEL FOR BAY OF CAMPECHE (MEXICO) DRAINAGE PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDY
- Start Date / End Date: 2016
- Place: Campeche (Mexico)
- Scope: Digital pre-feasibility modeling
The outfall dispersion study was done using mathematical models (MOHID) to support the Pre-feasibility Study developed.
4 different outfall situations were studied
• Secondary treatment 2,000 m off the coast
• Tertiary treatment 500 m off the coast
• Rainwater discharge for Tr 10 years and an intensity of 3 hours on the coast
• Rainwater discharge for Tr 10 years and an intensity of 3 hours for the future (year 2030) on the coast
The outfall situations were simulated for the different wind and tide conditions in the study area, combining them to simulate intense or calm conditions.
The conclusion is that the both the outfall 500 m off the coast with tertiary treatment as well as the outfall 2,000 m off the coast with secondary treatment does not contaminate the nearby beaches (Los Petenes, Playa Centro and Playa Bonita). As for the rainwater, there is isolated contamination of Enterococo; however, the contamination generated is considered to be acceptable given the low occurrence of the rainfall episode studied.