MARINE CLIMATE AND RECIRCULATION STUDY USING A DIGITAL MODEL TO ADAPT THE SHUQAIQ-4 DESALINATION PLANT 400,000 m3/d)
- Start Date / End Date: 2019-2019
- Place: Shuqaiq (Saudi Arabia)
- Scope: Digital modeling Baseline Study
A series of studies are done to be used as the basis for the desalination plant tender process.
The studies completed are as follows:
• Wave study: Using wave data in deep waters, the design waves associated with return periods of 1, 10, 50 and 100 years are propagated using the SWAN model. They are propagated in all directions possible. The results are obtained for the future intake and outfall points.
• Recirculation study. Included is the design of the diffuser to comply with environmental laws and a complete recirculation study.
This guarantees there will be no brine recirculation with the defined intake location. The MOHID model is used.