JAZAN ECONOMIC CITY PORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE (JECPI) PROJECT – SEA WATER INTAKE AND OUTFALL PIPELINES (SAUDI ARABIA)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017
- Place: Jazan Economic City (Saudi Arabia)
- Scope: Detailed engineering
The intake and outfall pipelines of the Jazan Economic City Sea Water Desalination Plant and Water Treatment plant have been designed. The two intake and the two outfall pipelines have been sunk together instead of one by one. Therefore, special double ballasts units joining two pipes have been designed.
The pipelines features are:
• Material: PE100.
• Intake: 2 pipelines Di=1800 mm, L=3400 m, Q=3,07 m3/s
• Outfall: 2 pipelines Di=1600 mm, L=3982 m, Q=2,26 m3/s
The following tasks were carried out:
• Pipe installation process analysis
• Ballast calculation
• Ballast block design (simple and double units joined to two intake or two outfall pipes).
• Pipe structural calculation.
• Sinking manoeuvre.
• Diffuser hydraulic behaviour study.