GEOTECHNICAL AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES FOR THE RIBERA II QUAY. CARBONERAS PORT (ALMERIA, SPAIN)
- Start Date / End Date: 2013
- Place: CARBONERAS, ALMERIA, SPAIN
- Scope: Report writing. Stability calculations. Structural calculations.
Safety assessment of the "as built" Ribera II loading quay with the new equipment:
• Geotechnical fault modes: stability calculations. (sliding, overturning, bearing failure and overall stability).
• Structural fault modes: slab deck, piles and supports. Slab deck modelling with 3D Structural Analysis Software.
• Detailed study of the slope between the prefabricated beams and the slab
• Study of the ideal configuration of the equipment considering the E.L.S.
• Verification under new loads. Different hypotheses.
• Proposed actions and improvements to increase safety to the levels marked by the standards when the results with the new loads on the existing structure are not satisfactory.