EXTENSION OF THE OUTFALL AT THE SAN PEDRO DE PINATAR WWTP (MURCIA, SPAIN)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017-2018
- Place: San Pedro de Pinatar, Murcia (Spain)
- Scope: Construction project
For the Project, a construction design was done to extend the WWTP outfall by 2 km.
The characteristics of the pipes are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Pipe definition: existing outfall Øe=900 mm and extension Øe=1,200 mm
• Length: 3,800 m for the existing outfall and 2,000 m for the extension
• Maximum flow rate: 1.23 m3/s
A detailed study of the following aspects was done:
• Inspection of the existing outfall via R.O.V. (Remoted Operated Vehicle)
• Repair of the existing outfall
• Marine climate based on data from Puertos del Estado (Port Authority).
• A study of alternatives to determine the optimal flow rate
• An initial dilution study using Cormix software.
• An increase in the capacity of the existing pumping station