ENHANCEMENT OF WATER DEPTHS FOR THE EXPANSION OF THE NORTH-WESTERN WHARF AT THE PORT OF MALLORCA, SPAIN
- Start Date / End Date: 2008
- Place: Palma de Mallorca (SPAIN)
- Scope: Drafting of the Constructive Project
Constructive Project so as to increase the theoretical water depth from 7.16 m to 9 m, on the 20 m of the western side of the Extension to the North-Western Wharf, being adjusted to the functional and environmental conditional requirements. Along the remaining 196 m of said wharf, restitution of the minimum theoretical water depth of 9 in the land-fall zones.
- Structural solution: reinforced concrete pile wall constructed in situ, of a diameter of 1 m, 1 each 1.20 m, with the header situated at the foot of each one of the wharfs.
- Application of the previous solution to the types of existing wharf structures, with the following particularities:
- Blocks Wharf -> ground improvement in the external surface of the wall with high pressure jet grouting. Back closure in armourstone with low mobility injection.
- Openwork Wharf -> Concrete filling of gaps between piles for the closure of the wall in dredged zone.
- Solid Wharf