DETAILED ENGINEERING FOR THE OUTFALL IN PUNTA TOURO, RIBEIRA (SPAIN)
- Start Date / End Date: 2012
- Scope: Detailed engineering
The project completed was comprised of detailed engineering for the entire construction process related to the outfall pipeline including a detailed study of the sinking, flanges, nuts and bolts and weighting.
The pipe characteristics are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Definition of pipes: Øe=630 mm SDR 17
• Length: 709 m outfall and 510 m intake
• Maximum flow rates: 3 m3/s
• 75 m diffuser section with outlets 200 mm in diameter
• Maximum depth: 44.5 m
In-depth studies were also conducted related to the following aspects:
• Marine climate: wind and deep water waves
• The sinking process
• A complete dilution study with MOHID in 3D, modelling the entire Ria de Arousa