DESIGN PROJECT OF THE FRESH WATER INTAKE STRUCTURES OF THE GAMBOA DRINKING WATER TREATMENT PLANT (PANAMA)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017-2018
- Place: Gamboa (Panama)
- Scope: Construction project
Detailed construction design of the intake structures of Gamboa Drinking Water Treatment Plant, which will provide fresh water to Panama City. The intake structures consist of two parallel intake pipes and a pumping chamber.
• Material: PE100
• Diameter: De=1800 mm SDR 26
• Length: 46 and 54 m
• 2 Intake passive screens (per pipe)
• Design discharge: 3,75 m3/s (second phase)
• Number of pumps: 4 (3+1) in 1st phase and 5 (4+1) in 2nd phase.
The following tasks were carried out:
• Intake pipelines hydraulic, stability and structural design
• Hydraulic design of the pumping chamber and CFD model.
• Pumping chamber structural and geotechnical design