DESALINATION PLANT UNDERWATER PIPELINES IN AL-GUBRAH (OMAN). CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
- Start Date / End Date: 2013
- Place: AL-GUBRAH (OMAN)
- Scope: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
The purpose of this project is to define and justify the marine works of the desalination plant, including the seawater intake and the brine outfall system.
The pipe characteristics are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Definition of pipes: Intake 2xØi=1,700 mm SDR 26 and Outfall 1xØi=1,900 mm SDR 26
• Length: 1,125 m outfall and 1,600 m intake
• Maximum flow rates: intake 5.9 m3/s (total) and outfall: 3.67 m3/s
A detailed study was completed of the following aspects:
• Marine climate based on existing data.
• The sinking process.
• Typical sections
• Concrete blocks
• An initial dilution study with Visual Plumes and Cormix software
• Shore protection design
• Auxiliary elements for proper operation: anti-trawling devices, man holes…