CONSTRUCTION PROJECT OF EL-ALAMEIN SEA WATER DESALINATION PLANT SUBMARINE PIPELINES (EGYPT)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017
- Place: El-Alamein (Egypt)
- Scope: Construction project - Detailed engineering
Detailed design for construction of the submarine pipelines of El-Alamein SWRO plant. The pipelines features are:
• Material: PE100.
• Pipelines: Øe=1600 mm SDR 21, 26, 30
• Length: 1034 m (outfall) y 2035 y 2043 m (intake)
• Maximum discharge: 2,24 m3/s (outfall)
The following tasks were carried out:
• Meteocean study analysis.
• New wave climate and wave propagation study.
• Currents study.
• Initial dilution study.
• Alternative Study of pipe route layout and required ballast calculation.
• Ballast block design (pipe stability calculation and ballast block reinforcement design).
• Sinking maneuouver design and pipe structural calculation.
• Calculation of loads acting on intake structure
• Rubble mound protection design of intake structures and diffusers.
• Auxiliary pieces design (blind flanges, backing rings, manholes, etc.).
• Beaconing design