CONSTRUCTION PROJECT FOR THE UNDERWATER PIPES AT THE SPENCE GROWTH DESALINATION PLANT (CHILE)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017 - on going
- Place: Antofagasta (Chile)
- Scope: Construction project
The Project included the construction design of the desalination plant underwater pipelines, including the intake structure, diffuser section and protective rock in the surf zone to install the pipes.
The characteristics of the pipe are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Pipe definition: intake Øe=1600 mm SDR 26 and outfall Øe=1400 mm SDR 17
• Length: 515 m outfall and 655 m intake
• Maximum flow rates: intake: 2.40 m3/s and outfall: 1.30 m3/s
The characteristics of the protective rock are as follows:
• Length: 80 m Height: 5m
• Design wave: Hs=0.87 m (10-year return period)
• Slope: 1: 1.5
• Resulting weight: 50 kg