CONSTRUCTION PROJECT FOR THE HOUSEHOLD WASTEWATER OUTFALL AT THE TREATMENT PLANT IN COLONIA (URUGUAY)
- Start Date / End Date: 2016-2018
- Place: Colonia (Uruguay)
- Scope: Construction Project
For the Project, a construction design was done for the treatment plant underwater pipeline including a provisional breakwater.
The characteristics of the pipe are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Outfall pipe Øe=500 mm SDR 33
• Length: 300 m
• Maximum flow rate: 225 l/s
A detailed study of the following aspects was done:
• A provisional breakwater in the surf zone measuring 150 m long.
• Sinking process.
• A study of the weighting for the river currents.
• A hydraulic study with transitory processes and pipeline cleaning through flushing.