CONSTRUCTION PROJECT FOR THE EXPANSION OF THE PORT OF AVILES ALONG THE RIGHT BANK, SPAIN
- Start Date / End Date: 2008/2009
- Place: AVILES (SPAIN)
- Scope: Drafting of the Construction Project
Construction Project for the Piles Wharf along the right bank of the Aviles Estuary.
The features of the wharf are as follows:
- Length of wharf: 504 m
- 14 modules of 36 m with a grid of piles of 9x6 m, each with a diameter of 1.65 m.
- Transverse and longitudinal beams by way of foundations
- Precast slabs of 0.35 m and in situ concrete slabs of 0.35 so as to form the dock table
- The water depth is that of -14 with a crest elevation of +6.3
For the calculation of the structure a finite elements model was conducted in 3D Structural Analysis Software.
Furthermore, a detailed study is carried out of the joint in order to separate modules, by means of neoprene supports