CONSTRUCTION PROJECT FOR THE ESCOMBRERAS DESALINATION PLANT INTAKE PIPELINE (MURCIA, SPAIN)
- Start Date / End Date: 2015-2016
- Place: Escombreras (Murcia)
- Scope: Construction Project
The Project includes the construction design for the new underwater pipeline for the Escombreras desalination plant intake, including the intake structure.
The pipe characteristics are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Pipe definition: Øe=1600 mm
• Length: 1,193.9 m
• Maximum flow rates: 1.8 m3/s
• Intake depth: 30 m
A detailed study of the following aspects was completed:
• Marine climate: using the Oluca-SP model included in the Coastal Modelling System (SMC) software.
• Layout enhancement.
• Sinking process.
• Brine recirculation study.
• Auxiliary parts for proper operation: venting, anti-trawling devices, manholes...