BASELINE ENGINEERING OF THE UNDERWATER PIPES FOR THE TENDER FOR THE ZARAT DESALINATION PLANT (TUNISIA)
- Start Date / End Date: 2017
- Place: Zarat (Tunisia)
- Scope: Baseline engineering for the Tender
The baseline engineering was done for the intake and outfall pipelines for the Zarat desalination plant in Tunisia, including the intake tower.
The characteristics of the pipes are as follows:
• Material: PE100.
• Outside diameter (Øe) intake: 1,800 mm and outfall: 1,400 mm
• Length: intake: 2,852 m and outfall: 2,015 m
• Flow rates intake: 2.66 m3/s and outfall: 1.51 m3/s
• Depths intake: 10 m and outfall: 7 m
A specific study of the following aspects was done:
• Marine climate: using the SWAN model for wave propagation.
• Dilution study.
• Sinking process.