ALTERNATIVE TENDER PROJECT OF AGAETE HARBOUR EXPANSION, GRAN CANARIA (CANARY ISLANDS)
- Place: Agaete, Gran Canaria (Spain)
- Scope: Tender project
Draft of an Alternative Tender Project, in which the Base Solution is adapted to constructor resources. The following tasks are carried out:
• The caissons of the second alignment of the new outer breakwater were redesigned:
• Stability calculations and caisson breadth optimization.
• Design of caissons with circular cells instead of square cells (constructor construction means).
• Reinforcement calculation.
• Foundation berm protection was optimized.
• More rock rubble mound material and concrete units from the existing outer breakwater are reused in the first alignment of the new breakwater than in the Base Solution.
• New berth for 100-120 meter-length vessel.
• Aesthetic design for the crown-wall.
• Caisson towage study.
• Operativity study during construction phase for constructor equipment.