ALTERNATIVE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT TO EXPAND THE SEMI-DETACHED QUAY PHASE 2 B (MULTI-PURPOSE TERMINAL)
- Place: Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Scope: Tender project
The work involved with this project is aimed at extending the 2nd Alignment of the Semi-Detached Quay to generate an additional mooring line measuring 290 m with a water depth of 16.00 m, planned in the short and long-term for the extension of the adjacent container terminal and in the medium to long-term to allow cruise ships breasting, as necessary.
This Project is an Alternative Solution with respect to the Baseline Project.
The Project includes the following work:
• Structural resizing of the caissons:
• Switching from caissons with rectangular cells to circular cells and switching from 7 to 6 caissons
• Reinforcement calculation
• Naval stability calculation of the caissons
• Verification of the stability